FALL HIGHLIGHTS & A NEW PASTOR AT GRACE COMMUNITY?
This fall has been one exciting ride following Jesus as a church family. This September, we hit the ground running hard and haven’t looked back. In less than 60 days, by the grace of God, we have:
• Opened a brand new (and pretty cool looking) elementary room and launched a new curriculum to better serve our kids and the friends they are inviting on Sundays.
• Kicked-off our student ministries with a huge all-night laser tag event. Almost half of the students present were first time attenders at Cross Current!
• Hosted a Community Yard Sale, Pig Roast, Women’s Cookies and Canvas night, and Trunk or Treat. These events have allowed us to connect with hundreds of people from our community.
• Launched a six-week event called “The Art of Marriage,” where we have 160 adults and 60 children registered.
• Seen more new people wanting to get into community groups than we have seen in years.
• Well-attended “meet the pastors” events that are specifically geared towards visitors on Sundays.
• Learned about all kinds of local and global mission initiatives being planned through our Acts 1:8 NETwork, including the privilege of sending out Christin Dicker to serve in China for two years.
And here’s the thing: I’m only sharing some of the highlights with you so that you know how God is answering our prayers. Do you remember how we devoted ourselves each day to pray over the summer? Do you remember what we were specifically praying about? We were asking God to help us become a church that lives on mission and goes beyond ourselves this fall to engage and impact the community. Look at what Jesus is doing in and through us! We have great cause to be thankful as a church family.
But there is one more exciting and sobering thing I want to bring to your attention.
We believe as a pastoral team that God has called and qualified Brendan Beale to serve as a fellow elder/pastor along with us here at Grace Community Church. In Acts 20:28, we are told that it is the Holy Spirit who raises up a pastor to serve in God’s church. It is our conviction that if God has truly done this work in Brendan, then God will confirm this through the members of our church.
Please take a moment to read through the Biblical qualifications for an overseer/elder/pastor found in 1 Timothy 3:1 – 7; Titus 1:5 – 9 and 1 Peter 5:1 – 4 and watch the 11 minute video that provides more details about this process that we have posted here.
We really would love to receive your written feedback, which can include any questions, concerns, or encouragements you may have about Brendan being recognized as a pastor in our church. We ask that all feedback would be submitted to us by Monday, November 14.
Click here to submitt your feedback online. Or you can pick up a form at the church and put it in the box at the Info Center once you've completed it.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact one of the pastors directly. We love you and we love being your pastors.
With Jesus leading us, our best days are ahead!